Sunday, November 7, 2010

Devastating the obvious

It's been almost 3 years since my last written blog. I'd say it's about time to come back to my roots and get my words on the net for all to read! The last blog I mentioned was published on Myspace if that tells you anything, lol.


Where do I start? Do I explain who I am? Chances are that if you are reading this then you already know who I am. Should I jump in with everything little minute detail about my life? That might be too overwhelming. I could make several blog posts in a row breaking up events into chapter like sections.


Decisions...decisions... With technology the way it is nowadays everyone pretty much posts their feelings and daily activities via Facebook with little left to blog about. For me, blogging is about expressing myself above and beyond what I CAN and am WILLING to post on Facebook. It also draws me back to my high school days sitting in Study Hall writing stories. I had always dreamed of being a writer. I used to write short stories about epic battles taking place in far away places. It was an adventure for me. I read all the time and my creativity spawned this love for writing. The thing I love most was the fact that if you didn't like something, you could always come up with a way to change the situation around you i.e. the character. He's down on his luck and suddenly wins the lottery! Thats odd... he didn't even buy a ticket.. but thats okay.. it's a story.. and it's accepted.


Essentially, thats what blogging is for me. It's a way to be a little nostalgic and express my story telling abilities. I also use it for serious emotional escape as well. I tagged my blog as "Adult Content" just in case I would happen to fly off the handle and let the obscenities type their way into a blog or two.


Currently my life is in an upheaval. There is so much change going on that I could literally spend hours and pages explaining it all. So, I will try the short short version:


I've decided to dig up my roots and take flight on a new adventure. I'm taking a risk and leaving routine behind. It's time to make something for myself. Time to stop sitting stagnant and rotting. Why stay somewhere that slowly bleeds the life from you? That robs you from your dreams? Well at 25 years of age I've finally said "I have had enough!" Yeah it's a huge risk.. yeah I may fail.. but what if I succeed? Then it will all be worth it. 


You never know unless you try...

1 comment: